Over a million doses administered by trusted veterinarians since 2006
I have continued to use Polyglycan as a standard postoperative parenteral treatment as well for essentially all of my orthopedics.
"I began using Polyglycan in a clinical setting over 10 years ago, initially as a post-surgical lavage following arthroscopic surgery. Soon afterward I began routine administration on a weekly or bi-weekly basis on athletes with musculoskeletal maintenance issues as well as young developing horses with developmental orthopedic disease. I have continued to use Polyglycan as a standard postoperative treatment as well for essentially all of my orthopedics. I have encountered no adverse effects from either route of administration of Polyglycan.
In addition to using Polyglycan in racing athletes and sport horses, I routinely recommend its use in weanlings and yearlings with synovitis and joint effusions that are the result of osteochondrosis lesions. I also frequently administer Polyglycan in foals undergoing treatment for septic arthritis. I have not experienced any adverse reactions with the use of Polyglycan."
Robert J. Hunt, DVM, MS, Diplomate, ACVS
Hagyard Equine Medical Institute, Lexington, KY
About Polyglycan and Joints
Polyglycan® is a patented formulation designed to replace lost or damaged synovial fluid. It contains naturally-occurring components of the synovia that play a central role in maintaining the homeostatic environment of the joint.
- Glycosaminoglycans are important components of all extracellular tissue structures including cartilage and synovial fluid.
- The active components in Polyglycan® show viscoelastic and polyionic properties similar in nature to synovial fluid.
- Patented 3-component formula has demonstrated characteristics beyond any of these components used individually.
- Help replenish lost synovial fluid with naturally occurring elements
- Assist in normalization of synovial fluid viscosity
- May be used for post-surgical lavage of the joint cavity and surfaces